Tuesday, August 02, 2011

2 years in DC


It has now been over 2 years since I moved to our nations capitol. Fate has seen that my life seems to move in 2 year increments who knows what the future holds. When I started this blog I was living in the Inland Suburbs of Los Angeles(Highland/San Bernardino) and working in the Palm Springs area designing houses. I ended up starting a job in Greater Los Angeles designing Wal-Marts and moving to Whittier. And then like President Nixon I moved from Whittier to Washington, DC. Here I get to do a lot of traveling throughout the mid-Atlantic, so I am going to start chronicling some of those adventures.

This picture was taken on the South Lawn of the White House. There are spring and winter tours which allow you to get upclose to the residence, which is a real treat. I was able to arrange a tour of the interior for my Mother's birthday in 2009 but they don't allow cameras on the interior tour. But for the garden tour you are free to take pictures, so here I am with a friend(and several others) enjoying this suburb example of public housing. Being from southern California I am very much familiar with Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and the nearby if not so equally famous Hobby City. Which includes a replica of the White House that houses a toy museum. This slightly larger example is equally impressive but unfortunately it is not filled with toys.

No comments: