Monday, October 10, 2016

Let me paint you a picture

This was sort of a lobby display for our production of the Jungle Book.  It is acrylic paint over a 4' x 8' sheet of rigid insulation foam. 
 In the past year I became involved with the Mooresville Community Children's Theater.  Through connections with that group I have been called upon to do various designs: sets, posters, T-Shirts, backdrops. I'm not really a painter, in the past I always sketched and colored in the sketches with pencil & markers, later I would use illustration programs to color my sketches in so I never had painted before.
This is acrylic paint over a 8' x 6' sheet of cardboard.  This was a backdrop for a talent show performance of "Part of your world" from The Little Mermaid.
These are typically large paintings...the Jungle Book is nearly 4' x 8', and the Mermaid Grotto is 8' x 6'.  Recently I painted on a giant bolder 5' x 12'. That was tougher than I thought it would be, mainly because of the different textures, some parts of the rock had a stucco like surface.  It's been fun and I think they came out better than I expected.
This is house paint over a giant 12' x 4' bolder.  These are cartoon character versions of "Dan and Phil", they started out as British Radio performers and are now some sort of You Tube stars.
As a disclaimer I'll add that all of this was done as a volunteer, there was no profit involved, and no copyright infringement is meant as these are my own drawings/paintings/interpretations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures, They are lucky to have such talent in the Scott Cueto family!!

Prescott Rymon said...

Thank you so much for the kind words.